Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream- Check!

At the beginning of June, Adam and I started writing a summer "bucket list". We have 50 things scribbled in a notepad, with good intentions of printing it and making it look pretty so we can check things off as we do them. Maybe by the end of the summer I will have it printed, but we're working on the list, nonetheless! One of the things on the top of our bucket list is to make homemade ice cream. Lucky for us, we didn't even need an ice cream maker- thanks to a good find on Pinterest! The kids both helped and we had such a fun time!


Makaylin smashing the reese's

Mommy helping Ryker smash reese's, too!

 Apparently Adam needed a self-portrait. 
He doesn't get ahold of my camera too often, so I guess he needed to play! 

Mixing it all together...



The end result: Caramel-Vanilla ice cream w/ Reese's 

These two pictures scream "success!" for this bucket list activity! :)


If you're wondering how we made the ice cream, it's SO simple! You need 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and a can of sweetened condensed milk. We used full fat versions of both, but I may experiment with the lower-fat versions next time. Add your mix-in's to the sweetened condensed milk. Whip the cream to stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment