Last night we headed to Jefferson for Ryker's school conference- I can't believe it! I had every intention of taking a photo of him before or after, but things got a little crazy during both times and I forgot. Oh well- I can guarantee I will make up for it in 6 days when he has his 1st day of school.
The conference went great. Ryker explored the classroom with Adam while I spoke with Mrs. Kimmel. Ryker didn't waste any time letting us know he was not super happy in this new environment. Adam had to recover him from the hallway a few times- man, he loves to escape! He also decided to take down his velcro picture schedule- out of the 5 that were hung he ended up finding his and tearing it down. :) He also played with blocks and who knows what else because I was trying to listen to the teacher without being distracted by my overly anxious kiddo in the background.
I'm excited to see how this all pans out- but sad to be putting my 2 year old on a school bus. It's also hard for me because he doesn't understand; I can't tell him where he is going and why because he has no idea what I'm talking about. So- next Tuesday we'll strap him into that big, yellow school bus and hope for the best! I think it will take a few weeks for him to adjust, but I'm sure in the months ahead he'll look forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment