Tuesday, September 18, 2012
KK's First Day of Preschool!
Today was a big day in the Hester house- KK's first day of Preschool! She has been nervous about this for a while now, and it definitely showed this morning. She told me this morning that she was scared about going and I did my best to calm her nerves- it seemed to work until we actually got inside the school. She clenched onto Adam's leg and wouldn't let go and we ended up leaving her in the classroom in full tantrum mode. Whew- that was tough!
We picked her up 2 1/2 hours later and she was so happy to see us! She just kept saying "Mom!" and then started crying (she did the same to Adam, too). She was very upset about school and said "The teacher doesn't like me.", "The teacher told me 'no' and that made me so sad!", "The kids don't like me.". She also told us she saw Ryker on the playground and then as we pulled away from the school she started crying and yelling "I want Ryker!". She had me crying by this point, too. Breaks your heart, doesn't it? She was pretty cranky throughout the rest of the day, but towards the end when Auntie came to visit she was doing better. She told Auntie all about school and the things she did- Kels got more info out of KK than I did the entire day. I'm thinking tomorrow will be a little easier on all of us.
Since I have always been home with the kids, they've never been alone and away from me like that. I'm guessing that kids who have been in daycare have a much easier transition to school since they are used to being separated from their parents. It might take her a week or two to get used to this new phase in life, but I think she'll end up loving it!
Not having either of the kids home this morning was a very strange feeling. Adam & I went out to breakfast and then grabbed a (decaf) latte on the way home. When we got here, it was so quiet. QUIET! It was so strange and we were kind of at a loss at what we should do. It was the first time since the kids were born/home from NICU that we've been in the house without any kids. Thursday will be interesting for me because I'll be here alone since Adam will be at work. Crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment