Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lions and tigers and bears... oh my!

Today we took the kids to the San Diego Zoo. We weren't sure how well they would behave or if they would even be interested in any of the animals... but it turned out to be a pretty good day! We left early so we could beat the crowds and hit the kids zoo right away before there was a line. Makaylin and Ryker got to hang out with some goats... they were a little unsure at first, but they warmed up quick!




Ryker loved watching the flamingos-- probably becuase they are bright and there were so many of them to see. Makaylin really liked the elephants.


Adam thought this would be a funny picture. I tried to snap it quick because we were in the bird atrium...and basically, that place is my worst nightmare! I absolutely hate birds so we got in and out of there fast! Of course, it didn't help that about 30 seconds after we entered the zoo, I had a near miss with a random bird. Ahh!


We didn't get to see everything, but we spent a good 4 hours walking around...which was much longer than we planned! The kids were even able to sneak in a little nap!



We are counting down the days until we leave California and call Minnesota home. We will miss so much about California, and I know it will a place we will visit often. I am looking forward to the day when we can bring the kids back and show them where they were born and the places where they spent their first 14 months of their lives. We will definitely be soaking it all in for the next 11 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment