Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Adios, 2010!

2010 has brought many changes to our family. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of important things, but it's late and I can't list every. little. thing. that has happened in our lives this year, or we'll be here all night! 

Adam & I went to Vegas for the Marine Corps Ball. 
It was the first time we had left the kids for a 24 hour period since they had been born! 

I got my first DSLR--Canon, and a few months later 
upgraded and switched to a Nikon D700. 

The twins had their 1st birthday.

M & R started walking! 

We took the kids to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World.

I spent 5 days in Minnesota looking for a house. 

We became homeowners! 

We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! 

Adam was discharged from the Marine Corps. 

We left San Clemente to call Minnesota our home. 

We spent a week in Tulsa on our way to Minnesota--
it was the first time the twins had been there! 

Adam worked for my parents for about 6 weeks and then got a great job at BIC APP.

Spent a few days with my family lounging at the lake. 

I started my photography business, and shot my first wedding! 

Makaylin attended "school" (ECFE) once a week and loved it. 

Ryker started receiving early intervention services through the school 
district and he is responding (slowly, but surely) to the intervention. 

We spent many Sunday's frustrated with the Vikings. :) 

Adam spent a month in Tampa, FL for work. 

We spent a weekend being snowed in by a blizzard! 

Adam has probably spent at least 12 hours shoveling snow this month--
 hence, the reason we just bought a snowblower. :)

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house and got everyone (except my dad) sick...
...and they came back for Christmas Eve!  


We are grateful that 2010 has led us close to family-- this is a time in our life when family and good friends are needed most. For those who don't know, Ryker was moved to the top of the waiting list for evaluation, and we will be taking him in on Wednesday for his autism diagnostic testing. Please keep us in your thoughts! 

I wish for 2011 to bring acceptance, strength, and hope to our family.

Best wishes for a fabulous 2011! 

2 comments:

  1. Jess, your family continues to be in my prayers as you figure out what is the best path of intervention for Ryker. I will pray for, like you listed, acceptance, strength, and hope for you and your family this new year. God bless you all! xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah welcome to Minnesota! hope you're enjoying yet another snow storm today..ugh!

    ReplyDelete