Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

GFCF Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies

This morning I decided to bake a batch of peanut butter truffle cookies for the kids. Of course, it is always a hit and miss with gluten-free/casein-free recipes--but I tackled it anyway. The recipe is super simple, and came from the book "The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook".

It is really yummy, and I suggest you try it even if you aren't living gluten or casein free! Since I didn't have GFCF chocolate chips on hand, I made half the batch plain peanut butter, and added regular chocolate chips for Makaylin to the other half. Seriously, try these!

Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies

1 c. creamy GFCF peanut butter (you can sub in regular here, too)
1 c. light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup GFCF semisweet chocolate chips (again, regular work fine for those of you who aren't gfcf)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream together all ingredients, except chocolate chips, with wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before removing to cool completely.

2 comments: